Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Postcard to a Young Actress [My Favorite Love Song]

One morning I was sipping my coffee in Rio - Brazil - in the house of one of my most beloved Friends, Luis Pinaud.
Luis loves the singer Milton Nascimento and, while we where talking, sipping coffee in the kitchen, he played this Milton's CD and the song, Carta a um Jovem Ator brought me into tears. I could no stop listening to this song that became my favorite love one.

I take this icy morning to translate it into English:

Postcard to a young actress...

One day, if I meet you,
I will confess
That I watched a film of you so many times
I could unmask your eyes.

One day, if we talk
And share about what we lived,
And expect from tomorrow,
- Perhaps that can happen? -
You will see how parallel we are.

I want to know everything about you
And make you happy.
A calm water will flood
Your shores of tenderness,
I will offer you
An open heart into arrive...

Your name, so different,
Is a surrounding scenery,
A landscape of innocence
No one knows where it takes to...

But, me, the only one knowing about you, I know:
It's taking me back to this moment,
When, My eyes shining of emotion and gratefulness,
I watched this movie of you so many times
That this poem came to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment